OBU RAP Industry Sector (Period 37 & 38)
Topics 8 and 15 new requirements: November 2018 (Period 37) and May 2019 (Period 38)
Students submitting project on topic 8 or topic 15 in either November 2018 or May 2019 MUST use sector specific organisations. The industry sectors are published by OBU each year in June/July for the next two submission periods.
For period 37 and 38 these sectors are:
This sector is mainly a branch of manufacture and trade based on the extraction of ores, fossil fuels, minerals, stone, clay, gravel, and similar commodities. This does not include the refinement of these commodities. Basically you have to consider the following:
- Coal Companies engaged in the exploration for or mining of coal,
- Diamonds & Gemstones Companies engaged in the exploration for and production of diamonds and other gemstones.
- General Mining Companies engaged in the exploration, extraction or refining of minerals not defined elsewhere within the Mining sector.
- Gold Mining Prospectors for and extractors or refiners of gold-bearing ores.
Health Care Providers
Owners and operators of health maintenance organizations, hospitals, clinics, dentists, opticians, nursing homes, rehabilitation and retirement centers. Excludes veterinary services, which are classified under Specialized Consumer Services.
Electronic & Electrical Equipment
- Electrical Components & Equipment Makers and distributors of electrical parts for
finished products, such as printed circuit boards for radios, televisions and other
consumer electronics. Includes makers of cables, wires, ceramics, transistors, electric adapters and security cameras.
- Electronic Equipment Manufacturers and distributors of electronic products used in different industries. Includes makers of lasers, smart cards, bar scanners, fingerprinting equipment and other electronic factory equipment.
Good Luck with all your research. Know anyone who is sitting the OBU-RAP? Make sure to forward this article!
You must log in to post a comment.